Tuesday 29 June 2010

The Glums

Today is a bit of a downer. I now work freelance and I knew going in to it it would take a while to get going but it's starting to get to me now waiting for the phone to ring or a email to come in. The industry I work in isn't exactly huge, and now I'm not living in a big city or even that close to one, it's even smaller. I know I'm doing all I can, just have to keep applying for things, keep sending out my CV and hope the phone rings. It's a wee bit soul destroying and financially very scary, too much work has always been my problem before, not having enough is a new one on me. But I decided this was going to be the year I made the changes so here they are. And it gives me time to focus on Little Red Star. There is so much more I want to do with it and to expand it, so I guess one good thing about my current situation is that it gives me time to do that. I've never really blogged or used twitter before so all that is new to me, but it's proving itself just now. It's interesting to see on the folksy forums that there is a lot of people coming out of work for whatever reason and are giving their crafting a go full time, I really hope they all do well with it, there are some amazingly talented people out there. 
So now I guess it's time to do some more promotion, look for more places to send my CV too and go in search of some biscuits, they always help with the cheering up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment